Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th !!!!!!!



We had a terrific 4th of July. We headed to Rexburg to spend it with my family. Everyone was able to come, but Meg and Joe. We sure did miss them. We took the kids to the good old Rexburg Parade. We had great seats thanks to Grandpa Cheney. The kids were loaded up with candy and I think Caden was on a sugar high before the parade was even over. After the parade we went back to the house for a good old BBQ. Mike cooked the best stakes, and the food my mom and dad make are always the best. We played human battleship with water balloons and it was a blast. Of course we had to play backyard baseball and it is always a classic. We decided to stay home and do our own fireworks show and it was fantastic. THe boys thought they were twelve again and lit of all sorts of fireworks. Big and Small. It was a great fourth of July.

Saturday we just relaxed. It was heaven. We were able to help my mom make Olivias blanket. It was definetly made with love. The boys went golfing and then we took the kids to Kung Foo Panda. Super cute show. That night we cooked hot dogs and smores over the fire and put the kids to bed early. We got to sit around and play games and eat party mix. It was a great weekend. Thanks mom and dad for letting us come home.

10 comments:

... said...

That sounds like such a great 4th of July! I miss Rexburg. I always had the best time there, especially when we would make you sing little mermaid style. yes!

Hill said...

I haven't played backyard baseball forever! Looked like a great 4th of July.

The Mendenhall's said...

We were so glad you guys were able to come up! Can't wait to see you again!

Cisneros Family said...

I love your blog background. Probally one of the cutest I have seen. I love it. The fourth was fun. I am glad we ended up going home.

Ashton & Co. said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

Philip and Jill Holyoak said...

Thanks for your comment on our blog. Of course I remember you. We missed your family at the reunion. We moved from Utah last August. You have such a cute family. Your kids are getting so big. I can't believe how fast time goes by. It seems like just yesturday that we were running around as kids at the family reunions at my Grandmas house.

Zach and Sara said...

Hey Brooke! Thanks for your comments on my blog! You're so sweet. Sounds like you had a lot of fun over the 4th. I remember a couple years ago we were there for the 4th and we got to do fireworks in your back yard. Doesn't sound like they were nearly as fun as yours this year though. We are still in Salt Lake. We definately need to get together soon. It's sad to live so close and see so little of each other! Hope to talk to you soon.

Brittney said...

I went to High School with Jeff and came across your blog off of an old classmate. Tell him "hello" for me. You have an adorable family. Oh, and cograts on the marathon. That's awesome!

Marcy Cheney said...

Brooke...Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog. I can't believe it's been 20 years, but I can also remember the first time meeting all the "Cheney" family and thinking "What have I gotten myself into?". Just kidding, but seriously, your Mom showed me how to make mashed potatoes come out her nose on our first Thanksgiving as a family at Grandma and Grandpas house in Vernal and your Dad did a little "funny" with Leslis' diaper and a reference to pumpkin pie!!!!!! Those were such fun times. Love you guys and have a great week.

Meg said...

I finally have a few minutes to take a breath and get caught up on all the blogging.. I really do love your background. You must be getting so ready for Girls camp... your going to have so much fun.