Sunday, July 25, 2010

Girls Camp 2010!!

The greatest girls and leaders!

We had some of the greatest priesthood come up

A day at the lake!


Flag Ceremony



Some of my awesome help!




I love girls camp! I have been the camp director for a few years and love it. I was recently called to be in the primary presidency and new this was going to be my last year for girls camp. It has been bittersweet. It is alot of work and time, but oh how I love the leaders and girls. I knew we needed to make this year one of the best. We decided on the theme "Heroes of the Heart." We got the opportunity to go Heber Valley Girls camp. If you have never been there, I highly recommend it. They call it the Temple on the mountain. I have done alot of girls camp, but the spirit at this one was so amazing. We had some amazing devotionals and firesides. I had the most amazing assistant and the greatest leaders you could ask for. I had 27 amazing girls that made my last year the best ever. My heart has been very tender since we got home. We sang our song in Sacrament meeting and I cried through the whole thing. It has been an amazing ride and I will miss it tremendously. I Love Girls Camp!










8 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

I don't know how you do it all Brooke (except that you must have your Moms genes!). You are so inspiring as a Mom, leader and soon to be triathlete...you really do make the rest of us look bad..LOL!! Love y'all

grams said...

Good memories. Girls camp was such a favorite of mine, especially when your mom got old enough to go. We had such fun together. When she moved on I got to go with Tami..My worst experience was when I went to show the girls how to mount a horse, and went on over the other side. It knocked the wind out of me and I thought I was dying and leaving my kids behind. If you are going to ride a horse, make sure you know how. Love you lots

Cisneros Family said...

I wish I was 12 again to go back to camp. I'm sure you were an amazing leader! Those girls will have memories to last a lifetime. They owe that to you! Love you.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Thank you again for asking me to come up. It was a wonderful experience. You are an amazing camp director. I LOVED seeing you in action.

Meg said...

I bet you were the best leader ever!! The girls will miss you tons! See you in 18 days!! XOXO

elizabeth scott said...

Brooke you are a great leader and the girls really look up to you. Thanks for all of the work and love you put into camp! Thanks for planning a camp that the girls could have fun, build stronger friendships and greater testimonies! You are an amazing woman!

natalie a said...

I would have LOOOOVED having you for my leader... soooo fun!!

The Mendenhall's said...

Im glad everything went well! See you in a couple of weeks. And don't worry I think your going to kick mikes butt in the triathalon. But don't tell him I said that!