Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer Fun

Our family has been crazy for about the last 2 weeks. Jeff and I both had girls camp and scout camp the same week. I was doing okay with it the week before and then I had a serious breakdown. I am the camp director for our ward. Lets just say that I have a whole new respect for camp directors. I really wanted to make it a good girls camp. I wanted the spiritual and the fun times. As I started packing and getting things together, my sweet husband got the blunt end of my stress. Thank heavens I married a patient man. He was stressed also trying to get ready, but put that aside to help me and tell me it was going to be okay. Our poor kids could feel the strain. My parents were so nice and took our kids for the week we were gone. Jeff left Monday and I left Tuesday. What an amazing time we both ended up having. All the stress was well worth it. Our testimony meeting was one of the greatest I have been too. It is a little bittersweet that it is over. Girls camp has been on my mind for the last 8 months, and now it is over. On the other hand it will be nice to get back to normal. I guess as normal as we can be.

When we got back, some friends invited us to go boating for FHE. My kids were so excited and we had a great time. Andrew, Jeff and I all knee boarded, and tubed. Then Jeff tried wakeboarding and loved it. He did so good. The evening was just what we needed. The kids loved the lake.
Me trying the knee board. Super fun. Even tried a three sixty, but slipped every time!
Lauren rode on Jeff back while he knee boarded. She hated it.
Andrew did awesome on the knee board.
The kids on the tube. They laughed the whole time.
Jeff wakeboarding. The water was super choppy. You would never know it was he first time!

7 comments:

Zach and Sara said...

Hey Brooke, sounds like you have had some busy weeks. I'm glad your girls camp turned out as you had hoped. Looks like you had a ton of fun at the lake. I hope we get to see you guys soon!

Meg said...

Let's face it your life will NEVER slow down :-) It's this way for now on.... and you are great at it.... miss you. I'm so glad girls camp turned out to be fun... with you in charge how could it not!1

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I so glad you both had a rewarding time at camp. It really makes everything worth it! Mom said something about planing a family thing to 7 peaks! I really want to do that so i'll call you,I wish we lived closer so we could do more fun thing. Boating looked like a blast, it doesn't suprize me Jeff was good at the wake-boarding he's such a natural at all that kind of stuff. To bad it didn't get spred around the family a little more=). Tell the kids i lov'em! hope to see you soon!

Ashton & Co. said...

Sounds like girls camp was great. I always hoped I would never get that calling...hope all is well with you guys!!!:) Love the boating pics- fun!

... said...

Okay, so totally random and off the subject. Will you do me the biggest favor? There is this 18 year old that is obsessed with finding out where my blog is and I don't want him to find it, because, um, creepy! He hasn't found it yet due to my secret maiden name. Haha. So will you take my last name off or do an initial? I would have emailed you but I don't have your email address! Thanks bud!

Tara said...

Oh my gosh Brooke, I think you and I had the same week. You should have seen me trying to get everything ready before our trek! My poor family. We had to have all these devotionals ready and ugh!!! So stressful.

I love boating. I hate eating lake water when you wreck though! The picture of your daughter of Jeff's back is so funny.