Monday, August 18, 2008

My first Triathlon!!!


About 6 months ago I thought it would be neat to so a triathlon. What was I thinking? Our summer has been so crazy and I didn't get to train as well as I would have liked, but that wasn't going to stop me. So Thursday we headed to Rexburg. Poor Lauren ended up getting the flu and threw up twice on the way home. Once we got to Rexburg she seemed to be feeling better, and was back to herself. After we ent to bed, I was awakened at 3:00 am with a very upset stomach and a run to the bathroom. I got her flu. I was supposed to be racing on Saturday and couldn't keep anything down. I tried to take it as easy on Friday as I could. I was so nervous and so nauseas. I got everything together Friday night and then my Dad and Jeff gave me a blessing and sent me to bed. Of course I slept like crap, but ended up feeling pretty okay. We got our shoes set up and then got our bikes to the lake. I put my sweet yellow cap on and got in the water. I ended up enjoying the swim alot more than I thought I would. I got on my bike and was feeling pretty tired. The bike was harder than I expected. The hills were very draining. Not having anything to eat or drink was not doing so well. I made it to the end of the bike and started my last leg of the race. The run was so hard. I was so cooked. Finally I saw the end and just ran. It was the greatest feeling ever to accomplish that. When I saw Jeff right before the end I just started crying. I felt Like I couldn't finish. He is my number one fan and has been at every crazy race I have done. I don't I could finish if it wasn't for him. I also have to add that I have the best family ever. Lesli and Michelle were the best cheerleaders. They even made me a poster. My mom did the sprint and is amazing. She is my hero and the reason I do these crazy things. My dad was there when I got out of the water and I even think I saw a little bit of proudness in his eyes. They are all so supportive. I accomplished this for me, but it feels good to know you have family behind you.

19 comments:

Bringhurst Family said...

Oh I've wanted to do one too. But the swim totally intimidates me. A swimmer I am not. Congrats on the accomplishment! When's the next one =)-AMIE

Katie L. said...

You rock! I am so sorry that you got sick right before but I am amazed that you were able to do it! Way to go!

... said...

Wow. I am very impressed and proud and maybe jealous?! I want to do one too! That is awesome.

Zach and Sara said...

That's awesome that you still went with it and finished the race. I'm proud of you. I love reading you and your family's blogs about marathon's. I wanted to do a 5k but chickened out. It's true, I chickened out of the 5k! Congrats, you are so amazing!

Kim said...

I'm so sorry I wasn't there! I really wanted to come and support you,I think your amazing. We had a crazy day as it was,and I'm not sure how I could have fit any more in but do wish I could have been there. I't looks like you did great and if I know you there will be another one=) so count me in on the cheer-team next time! I'm so proud of you you know I wish I was strong enough to do that kind of stuff, but I'm pretty sure it just not in the jeans! Hopefully we will be down soon. Love you

Lesli said...

I mIss you guys already! If the pitch and putt doesn't happen I really think that Dan and I are coming to utah that weekend! I am very excited! We should be crafty too, because all of the sudden I am all about the crafts!! LOVE YA LOTS

Marcy Cheney said...

You are amazing...and your Mom totally rocks!!! I really admire your determination and strength. Love and miss you guys

Ashton & Co. said...

Congrats! That's too bad you were feeling sick, though. Those things always happen at the worst time! Sounds like you did great though, I admire you guys for always doing so many things to stay active. Good job! :)

The Burninghams said...

You are crazy!!! Way to go!

jami wyatt said...

Great Job on your triathlon! Was it a sprint tri or a regular tri? I haven't ran much since the relay because of all the reunions and summer stuff (I guess that's my excuse). Once the kids get in school I think I 'll start up a little more. You look great.

IdahoBringhurst's said...

what an amazing thing to do...way to go.
in response to your comment on our blog- I want you to know that I saw your uncle 2 weeks prior to his passing at a practice for the celebration. He looked..... Peaceful.
he was amazing.
hey let me know your email address as well as your folks would ya-
johnbringhurst@gmail.com

Tiffany Robinson said...

Lauren was so cute at the Chuckee Cheese, She knew exactly how to play the games enter the tickets and get her prize. She was a pro at Chuckee Cheese. Avorie has Afternoon kindergarten and her teacher is Mrs. Lyman.

Sutton's said...

Brooke, you are amazing. Congrats on finishing that race. Janeese said that she saw you there. She really wants your e-mail address. So visit her blog and leave your address with her. Love your blog. Your layout is darling.

Lesli said...

Guess who is comin to stay at your house next weekend!?!? ME!! ha ha I don't know if dan is going to make it because of school but I am coming down for sure. So after andrews football game we need to go shopping or do some kind of craft thingy(as long as its not sewing!!!) anyways I am soooo excited to come down. I need a break! ha ha Love ya!

Leslie said...

Hi Brooke...You are one crazy Chica! That is so awesome that you finished a triathlon, especially under those conditions. So it was the full tri that you did, not a sprint? Amazing.

Ok, I need your email address a.s.a.p.....send it to me at lesliehurst@gmail.com

Thanks!

Meg said...

When are you going to post something new?? I'm so wanting to see photos of your cute family and I'm missing the kids!

Love ya!

Meredith said...

What an accomplishment! That is something I know I could never do- you are amazing. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks :)

Emily said...

Brooke,
I was so excited to see your comment on your blog. I just started the blog thing last month, and had actually visited yours a couple times, but chickend out when it came to leaving a comment. I never know if people will like the fact that I'm looking at their blogs. Anyway, you are amazing to do a triathalon!!! You have a super cute family! I'd love to catch up sometime, send me an email.

Brandon and Hayley gordon said...

Congrats Brooke! you are such a stud. Im jealous that you could actually finish :) Im not even sure that I could finish the swim, let along all the other. Keep it up!