Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I know I am a little late, but I want those special men in my life to know how much I love them. We spent poor Jeff's Father's day in the hospital. I can't even begin to tell you how great my main man is. He is the greatest dad. He is so patient and loving. He has been my rock through this whole crazy time. He has been so understanding as I have gone to the hospital to feed Luke. I know he wants to be with his son, but lets me go. I love this man more than I will ever be able to tell him.
As far as Luke goes, he is a fighter. He is back up to his birth weight which is great. He is eating for me about 5 minutes and then he is exhausted. This is one of the hardest things I have had to do. I just want my baby home. I appreciate everyones love, support and prayers. They are felt daily. Jeff with all the kids on Father's day!

Our first family photo!


Does he not just melt your heart!

7 comments:

Shari Loveless said...

Oh, he is so adorable, I know it is hard to have him in NICU, but he will get stronger and know your love for him, and all will be good when you get home with him. Our prayers are with you and your family. Love Shari

Cisneros Family said...

He is already changing so much!! He is too cute for words! I can't wait for the little guy to get home. I miss him. Are you still surviving? I think of you and I get a little emotional. I love you. You are so strong! So is he! I'm sure I will talk to you tomorrow. Love you!

Lesli said...

oh my heck Brooke, he is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I cannot believe how many distinguished features he has. Seriously he really does melt your heart. I am so excited to see him, Love you lots and know you are in our prayers.

Marcy Cheney said...

He is adorable...and I can't imagine how hard it is for you and Jeff not to have him home, but he is a fighter and I bet he'll put on the weight, learn how to eat and be home in no time. Sure missed you at the reunion but had a lot of fun with your girls...they are too cute. Love ya Brooke

elizabeth scott said...

What a sweetie! Luke is so adorable!!! I love that you just had a baby and still made time to post something nice for your hubby on his special day! Jeff is also the best scout leader!!! Dawson thinks he is great!

elizabeth scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olive the Gores said...

oh my goodness, Brooke he is so adorable! Look @ those EYES!!! I think you are so strong!!! I read your updates and boohoo again! ;) I love that he is a little fighter and pulled his O2 out and ready to do it all on his own!! I always hear it one step forward and two steps back! He trying to be two steps forward, might be a sign to watch out for in your future! :) Congrats on bringing Luke home!!! Love you!