Monday, October 26, 2009

UEA in Idaho!

Luke and I played in the leaves for a minute.
Th sweet halloween party. My parents are the greatest
Grandma and Caden pushin pumpkins.
Andrew taking the kids for a ride around the yard.


I hadn't been home in forever and was really needing a break. So we packed us up and headed to the burg. Since Andrew was a little boy, he has been helping Grandpa rake up his leaves in his yard. Now if any of you know my parents house, they have huge trees. The leaves are outrageous that fall. Andrew is old enough to drive the lawn mower himself and he loved it. I think Andrew and my Dad were out there all day. They even let the little girls help.
Saturday we decided to go to Bear world. The weather was beautiful and it was the last weekend it was open, so we got a good deal. The bear cubs were so active and cute. We saw a huge Moose and fed some little goats. They then had a little amusement park that we rode all the rides. Even Luke rode the train. That night we had the greatest Halloween party/birthday party. My parents are so amazing. They always have the funnest things for the kids to do. Grandpa had them bobbing for apples, pushing pumpkins with their noses, and eating cookies hung from the ceiling with not hands. Of course there was a prize after every activity. They came out with a ton of stuff. I love my parents and the things they do for my kids.
Sunday we took it easy and enjoyed. I decided to go listen to my Dad with my mom. He is the Steak President on campus and had to speak at a ward conference. I forget how amazing him and my mom are. They have a way of touching so many lifes. It was a great weekend. I love being home.

7 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

What a fun trip home!!! No matter how old we get, it's always fun to go home to Mom & Dads house for a little spoiling. I gotta agree with ya Brooke...your parents are great. We sure miss everyone and wish we could get together more often. Love ya!!!

Katie L. said...

What a cute picture of you and Luke! That sounds like such a fun weekend!

Rhett and Annalise said...

Super fun party! Why don't I think of things like that for my kids? So creative! Luke is the cutest. Even though my little guy is younger, I think he still outweighs Luke. Such a cute family.

natalie a said...

there truly is no place like home... you look so great and little luke is adorable

Mike and Linda Bringhurst said...

sounds like a fun weekend. As much as you love going home....grandma and grandpa's love having family come home.
Add those pics to the photo album and have fun reminising in the future.
happy halloween,
linda b

Meg said...

OH MY GOSH BROOKE!! That picture of you and look made me miss home so much!! It's so stinking cute...Wish I could have been there!

Olive the Gores said...

OMGosh...Luke is the cutest little guy EVER!! Brooke you look amazing as well!!! You also make me LOL!!! Uncle Brent is a STEAK Pres haha! I don't think he wants to be a piece a meat! ;) LOVE the fun activities your mom & dad had planned reminds me of being a kid @ Grama & Grampa M! Love you!