Sunday, July 5, 2009

Welcome Home Finally!

We were finally able to bring our little boy home. Luke was able to come home last Sunday. I know I am a little behind, but I forgot how much time a little newborn takes up. Jeff and I were surprised last Saturday, when they told us that he was going to be able to be discharged in the morning. I was excited but so nervous. He was off his oxygen, but what if he had a hard time breathing. Sunday morning Jeff and I went to the hospital and waited for the doctor to give us the thumbs up. Once we had that, they finally took off all the wires and we were able to dress him to come home. When I put his little pants on they fell off as soon as I picked him up. He is still so small. He was so little in his carseat. We didn't tell anyone he was coming home just in case. I had had my hopes dashed a few too many times. The kids were so exctied when we got home. They finally had their baby brother home. We are a little sleep deprived, but doing great. It is hard to keep the visitors to a limit, but for the safety of the little guy we have to. We are home bound for about a month, but that is okay. He is growing strong and big everyday. I haven't uploaded the new photos, so that will be another entry. Thank you so much for eveyones love and prayers. I am so humbled with everyones help. We are truley blessed and loved. Pictures are too come!

12 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

We are so glad that Luke is home and doing better. I can't wait to see more pics of the little guy especially with the older kids...I bet they are a lot of help. You take care of yourself too Brooke...wish we were closer and could help out with the other 3 a little. Love ya...

Tami said...

I am so happy things are going ok! We love you guys. We can't wait to see you and Luke. I love the name! Take care! Aunt Tam

Tiffany Robinson said...

That is so good to hear. At least you are homebound in the summer where hopefully there isn't alot sickness around.

Rhett and Annalise said...

We are so excited that little guy is home finally. I can completely relate to the emotional roller coaster with baby being in the hospital, although I never had it as bad as you. So good to hear from you. I am a little behind on everything right now, these kids do take a lot of time! I love your blog and what a great way to keep in touch. Hope to meet Luke soon!

Heather said...

Oh Brooke, I am such a bad friend. I have neglected blogs lately and had no idea your little guy and your family were going through such a scary time. I am so happy to know he is home and healthy. Congrats on such a beautiful babe!

natalie a said...

I'm so glad he's home ! PLease let me know if I can do anything to help- I'd gladly take the big kids for a few hours so you could get some sleep! I'm just so happy he's where he should be - with his family!

grams said...

I LEFT A COMMENT LAST WEEK, BUT IT DID NOT STAY ON. STORY OF MY LIFE. WE ARE SO RELIEVED THAT YOU GOT TO BRING LITTLE LUKE HOME AND PRAY THAT HE IS REALLY DOING WELL. WE STILL KEEP ALL OF YOUR NAMES IN THE TEMPLE. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE PICTURES. WE LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

Mike and Linda Bringhurst said...

I finally had time to catch up on blogs and was so glad to hear that Luke was home. New experiences we have in life, certainly gives us all a new perspective on things.
We're looking forward to the pics.
love,
mike and linda

Aly said...

This is a little late, but we've been out of town. I'm so glad Luke is home with his family. You've been in my thoughts and prayers.

Emily said...

I'm so glad he is home. Hope things continue to go well.

melissanothum said...

wow brooke...sounds like you guys have been through quite the ordeal! He is so darling, and im so happy you were able to finally bring him home. just wanted to let you know im thinking of you and your cute family.
love ya always
melissa

Meg said...

I miss you guys so much already! I just keep going through all of my photos from Utah and I miss the kids and you so much....It's always so good to see you.