Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Weekend

We had a bittersweet weekend. We were able to be with great friends we haven't gotten together with for a while, I will talk about that in a minute. On Tuesday, I went to the funeral of my friend Molly's beautiful little girl. It was the most humbling experience. As I listened to the words spoken and watched Molly, my heart completely broke. What her and her husband have gone through and will go through is something I cannot even comprehend. I was so impressed with their strength. It will really put things into perspective for you. I wanted to hold my children and never let them go. It still brings tears to my eyes to even consider what they have gone through. The songs were beautiful. They played a lullaby Molly recorded when Lucy was a baby. She sings like an Angel and hope she will keep singing to her. It makes me greatful for the gospel and the knowing she will see that little girl again. I keep a prayer in my heart for her and her husband every day. I hope they find the peace and comfort they need.

It is hard to talk about anything else, but we had a very relaxing weekend, spent with friends and family. All of JEff's friends were in Rexburg, so we got together. We got the kids together at McDonalds on Saturday afternoon and let them play. Then we took the kids to grandparent's house and headed up to a cabin just past Victor. It was raining, but the guys decided to try golfing. Before they went they surprised the wives with massages at the spa. It was just what we all needed. It was great. The guys didn't have the greatest time. They only got about 3 holes into golf and had to call it quits. So we headed back to the cabin which was amazing. It was huge and the view was amzing. Moses (Mark Ball) did his magic on the bbq and it was the best food ever. We had b-day cake for Rod and played some games. We sat around until about 1:00 talking and laughing so hard our guts hurt. We all try to get together once a year, as we are all over. It was a great weekend of catching up, silliness, and just good fun.

Sunday and Monday was spent with family. We had a great dinner and played games. The cousins enjoyed playing. It really was a great weekend and very realxing. In the pictures are Jeff and I, Rhett and Annelise, Rod and Stephanie, Mark and Carrie, Matt and Tasha, Natalie and Tim.

7 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

I knew you guys went to that cabin. What a fun idea! I saw your adorable little girl (and Sage-so cute) at church with your parents. Sounds like a lot of fun!

I'm so sad for Molly. I think it's great you went to the funeral. I'm sure they need all the support they can get. It makes me feel like I need to cherish EVERY moment I have with my kids. I hope they recover as well as possible. Take care.

Marcy Cheney said...

I'm so glad that you and Jeff had a good weekend. It had to be tough to go to that funeral, but I'm sure you being there meant the world to your friend. It's never easy to lose someone, but losing a child has to be the worst thing. I hope your friends will find the peace they need. I hope you have a great summer. We miss you guys and think of you often.

The Pena family said...

I'm so glad that you were able to be there for Molly and her husband. It breaks my heart, and everytime I think about it I can't even begin to understand what they are going through. All I think is how blessed they are to have the gospel. What a difference it makes in our understanding. My aunt told me you guys were somewhere in Victor on Saturday. Jacque and her husband live up there and we had a cookout at her place the same day. So sad that we were so close and didn't see each other. It sounds like you all had a lot of fun!

Leslie said...

Wow, my husband and I were in Victor on Saturday too! It rained like crazy...no wonder the golf didn't go over good. I can't believe you guys still all get together. I forgot about a lot of those people!

So glad you could be there for Molly. What a trial this has been for all of us. There hasn't been a day yet when I haven't cried. May God bless them with so much goodness in the days to come.

Cisneros Family said...

Cute pictures. I am so glad you had a fun weekend. Very bitter sweet though. It makes you not ever want to take life for granted. Love you.

Zach and Sara said...

Hey Brooke, it's so good to hear from you. Your family is darling. I feel like it has been forever since we've seen each other! Soon I hope. I always tell Michelle when I do see her it makes me sick we live so close and never get together. One of these days. I am excited to hopefully keep in better touch with this blog thing. Talk to you soon. Love ya! Sara

Melissa Buecher said...

Holy Cow, is Mark Ball totally bald now? I haven't seen any of those guys forever. How fun that you get together and party it up!