Monday, May 5, 2008

Hawaii Vacation


We had the most amazing time in Hawaii. I don't get out much, so it was the most amazing and beautiful vacation. The water was so blue and so clear. We got to Hawaii on Saturday afternoon and we were so exhausted beacause of the time change. We all were in bed by 7:30 p.m. The only bad thing is at 4:00 a.m. we were ready to go. Sunday was filled with our first day at the beach. We tried some snorkeling, which was pretty cool. Of course I tried the waves and lost horribly. Jeff and the rest of our group thought is was pretty funny. We took the evening pretty easy and went to bed early. Monday we decided to give surf lessons a try. (these pictures will come later) It was one of the funnest things I have ever done. Surfing for two hours was full of laughter and and alot of crashing. Again took the evening pretty easy with some games and bedtime. We were all so exhausted from surfing. Tuesday we took a boat out to a little island call Molokini. It was rough waters, but the snorkeling was pretty cool. It was a little eerie being in the middle of the ocean. We all were a little sick by the time we got back to the car. Wednesday we spent the day at the beach. There was a high wave warning and also a high jelly fish warning. We still had a great time in the water. That night we attended a Luau. The food was okay, but I don't think i could eat it again. The entertainment was so amazing. It was alot of fun. Thursday was our ten year anniversary. We started out with a helicopter tour of the island. I did okay for the first 45 minutes, but the last 15 were a little bumpy. I thought I was going to lose it. We then went and did a zipline, which was so fun. We then went to dinner at Tommy Bahamas. It was good food and great company. Jeff then took me to the beach and gave me the most amazing gift. He gave me a beautiful ring. It is my past, present, future ring. I couldn't believe he did that for me. I was so surprised. He is by far the greatest husband ever. It was the most amazing anniversary ever. Friday we spent the day at the beach and again tried the waves and lost horribly. I finally learned to go under them. It olny took being flipped and thrown to the sand. It was a blast. We had the best pizza at BJ's pizza. It was good stuff. We then got a massage over looking the beach. It was very peaceful. We played games and started to get thing gathered up. Saturday finally came and it was time to go home. I missed my kids so bad, but didn't want to leave this beautiful Island. We had some time to kill so we went to the aquarium. It was filled with some pretty cool things. We flew all night, which really was horrible. Jeff and I are still trying to get back into things. IT is a trip I will never forget. Thanks babe for the best anniversary and for sticjing with me for ten years. I looke forward to forever more.

13 comments:

Katie L. said...

Brooke that looks so fun! I got a good laugh out of your wave pictures...you took a beating! How fun!

Tara said...

Brooke,
These blogs are great... I love finding old chums.
What a fun 10 year anniversary... and very romantic of Jeff (with the ring on the beach) right out of a movie!
Which island did you stay on? We were there for Thanksgiving... being on the beach during sunset... ahhh amazing. I wanna go back. I hear ya about the food... not my favorite.
P.S. You are looking pretty hot in that bikini! ;)
Tara (Anderson) Niederer

Meg said...

SO FUN! The pictures look awesome and yep it's a for sure thing that you a one hot mama!!! I can't believe how tan you are....I have some catching up to do! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ring. You for sure deserve it. Tell Jeff job well done. I'm so glad you had such a great trip.

Lici said...

You guys look like you had the best time. How fun! Tell Jeff he is Mr. Suave with planning out the ring thing on the beach. How romantic! Tell hime to give Ty a few pointers, will ya. Ha, Ha! You look great. Three kids-no Way! And the tanness, will you send some of that my way, please:) I'm glad you two had so much fun!

The Mendenhall's said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. I hope I look as good as you after having 3 kids! I can't believe how tan you are! And your ring is beautiful.

Heather said...

Wow! What a fun trip. I love that you went with some other couples it makes it easier to get all the great pictures of you and Jeff. When we were there I got thrown by a wave right onto my head, I thought for sure I was paralyzed. They are not to be messed with. Glad you had fun, wish I looked that good in a bikini. :)

Cisneros Family said...

I love your pictures. You are one hot mama! I am glad you had fun! It sounds like the trip of a lifetime.

The Burninghams said...

Wow!! i am jealous. I love Hawaii! You guys deserved such a fun getaway. Happy 10 year!

Ashton & Co. said...

Brooke! I'll add you to my friends list if you don't mind-I'm glad you commented on mine! What a fun trip! Was it Maui? You look so beautiful and that is so romantic what Jeff did with the ring. How sweet! I hope you had fun (looks like you did!) Your kids are darling by the way- this bloggng thing is so fun!!!

Lesli said...

Ok, so can I just say swim suit model? good heck brooke you have a rockin body! Can I have it? ha ha anyways your pics are so cute! i am so glad you guys had a good time! I want to go! ha ha You guys rock and Love you tonz!

The Pena family said...

What a great vacation! It looks and sounds like you guys had the best time. I just can't believe it has been ten years! You definitely deserved the trip. I've never been, but will some day. The pictures are great and you still look awesome in a bikini! After this kid I've got a way to go. Jeff is a lucky guy.

Marcy Cheney said...

Brooke it sounds like you had a wonderful time in Hawaii. I can't look at your slide show...I'm not sure what's wrong with my computer, but I hope to figure it out soon. This blog thing is a great way to keep in touch. I don't think we'll be in Idaho or Utah this year. We will be in Wyoming in July for my parents 50th anniversary, so hope to see all the Cheney side next summer. Are you in charge of the reunion next year? Any ideas where it will be? Love you guys...Aunt Marcy

Lesli said...

OK i need to comment again! uh everytime i read about your vacation I like start to cry. Let me just tell you that the whole ring thing is just so romantic. I can't wait to see it. ok I better go. uh i'll proabbaly post again so bye!